To remove the gearbox at Mazda 3 (I) you need: Unmount the JSCs, its tray, and the anchorage of the tray. Then remove the air filter. Unmount the dashboard, unlocking the seven bolts, two screws, and three piles. Remove the stability enhancement system control module by unlocking the three rack-mounting bolts and removing the lower air duct. Unmount the gearshift lever and the gearshift cover.
- Dismount the ALB, its tray and the tray bracket.
- Then remove the air filter.
- Unmount the dashboard, unlocking seven bolts, two securing screws, and three pitons.
- Remove the stability enhancement control module by unlocking the three rack-mounting bolts.
- Remove the climate change control unit and lower air ducts.
- Dismount lever and gear lever.
- Remove the gearshift wires and the gearshift control unit.
- Set everything in reverse order.
After installation, the gear lever shall be moved smoothly into any position.